School Uniform Policy
School Uniform at the Sir John Colfox Academy
We expect our students to look smart at all times. This helps to create good impressions both in school and in the local community. To help ensure this the following rules must be observed with regards to school uniform.
- Plain black trousers (touching the shoes), skirt (reasonable length and no shorter than just above the knee), shorts (tailored knee length). No jeans, denim/denim appearance, canvas, lycra or cord material and not skinny or tight fitting.
- Plain black leather (not canvas) school shoes with no visible logo. No trainers or sandals. Plain black leather boots can be worn under trousers; they cannot be worn with skirts or shorts. Branded trainers are not school wear.
- Blazers must be worn in school at all times during the Autumn and Spring Terms. Staff may give permission to students to remove blazers in individual lessons. Blazers do not have to be worn outside at break and lunchtime but must be worn in the school building.
- While school jumpers are optional, these can only be worn under blazers and not instead of blazers and they must have the school logo on them. Jumpers must not be tucked into trousers, skirts or shorts.
- Plain black or neutral coloured tights may be worn but not patterned or footless. Leggings are not permitted. Socks must be plain and dark coloured. Socks must not be worn over tights.
- Aplain black belt with an unobtrusive buckle may be worn to help keep trousers, skirts or shorts up. Trousers, skirts and shorts must fit properly around the waist.
- Ties must be worn with school shirts at all times. Shirts may be long sleeved or short sleeved but must have the top button fastened and be tucked into trousers, skirts or shorts. Long sleeved shirts must not be rolled up.
- Jewellery: Students are permitted to wear no more than one item of the following:
- Necklace - small unobtrusive and worn under clothing.
- Pair of earrings. Only studs or sleepers are permitted.
- Nose piercing – one discrete nose piercing (stud only) – but must be removed for practical lessons
- Indoor Kit – sports polo, blue shorts/skorts/running leggings, white socks, trainers
- Outdoor Kit - outdoor PE shirt, blue shorts/skorts/running leggings, blue long socks, Rugby top, blue rugby socks, boots, shin pads (for football), Gumshield (for rugby)
- There are a number of other optional PE items to purchase if you wish. Items such as rainjackets, baselayers and rainproof tracksuit bottoms may be purchased to wear for sports that take place outside and may be affected by poor weather.
PE Kit can be purchased online at www.kitzuk.co.uk
HOW TO ORDER
Go direct to www.Kitzuk.co.uk