School Uniform Policy
We expect our students to look smart at all times. This helps to create good impressions both in school and in the local community. To help ensure this the following rules must be observed with regards to school uniform.
Plain black trousers or skirt. No jeans, denim/denim appearance, canvas or cord material. Trousers must be of full length and not skinny, slim leg or tight fitting. Skirts must be purchased through Kitz UK and as from 2018/19 we have specified two specific skirts (Honiton and Davenport) to choose from. These skirts must be worn so that the gap between the top of the knee and hem of the skirt is no greater than 5cm.
Plain black leather (not canvas) school shoes with no visible logo. No trainers or sandals. Plain black leather boots can be worn under trousers; they cannot be worn with skirts. Please note that VANS, Nike, Reebok and all other such branded trainers are not school wear. Just because a shop or retailer sells something in a section titled ‘school uniform’, it does not mean that it meets the requirements of our school. If in doubt, it is always best to check before buying.
Blazers must be worn in school at all times during the Autumn and Spring Terms. Staff may give permission to students to remove blazers in individual lessons. Blazers do not have to be worn outside at break and lunchtime but must be worn in the school building.
While school jumpers are optional, these can only be worn under blazers and not instead of blazers and they must have the school logo on them. Jumpers must not be tucked into trousers or skirts.
Plain black or neutral coloured tights may be worn but these must be full length and not patterned or footless. Leggings are not permitted. Socks must be plain and dark coloured. Socks must not be worn over tights.
A plain black belt with an unobtrusive buckle may be worn to help keep trousers or skirts up. Trousers and skirts must fit properly around the waist and underwear should not be visible.
Ties must be worn with school shirts at all times. Shirts may be long sleeved or short sleeved but must have the top button fastened and be tucked into trousers of skirts. Long sleeved shirts must not be rolled up.
Jewellery: Students are permitted to wear no more than one item of the following:
- Necklace - small unobtrusive and worn under clothing.
- Pair of earrings. Only studs or sleepers are permitted.
- Please note that students are not permitted to wear any form of facial or bodily piercing whilst in school. These may not be covered by plasters and must be removed at all times.
PE Kit (Boys and Girls)
- Boys Indoor Kit – PE boys sports polo, blue shorts, white socks, trainers
- Boys Outdoor Kit – Rugby top, blue shorts, blue rugby socks, boots, shin pads (for football), Gumshield (for rugby)
- Girls Indoor Kit – PE girls sports polo, blue shorts/skorts/running leggings, white socks, trainers
- Girls outdoor kit – outdoor PE shirt, blue shorts/skorts/running leggings, blue long socks
- There are a number of other optional PE items to purchase if you wish. Items such as rainjackets, baselayers and rainproof tracksuit bottoms may be purchased to wear for sports that take place outside and may be affected by poor weather.
*No jewellery of any kind must be worn in PE
HOW TO ORDER
How to order Uniform Leaflet
Go direct to www.Kitzuk.co.uk