LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Parents Portal: ‘My Child at School’
- All parents will receive an email giving details of how to access and use the site, including confirmation of an invitation code and user name. The site includes information on homework, house points, attendance, calendar and student timetables. This is also where you book appointments for Parents’ Evenings. (Separate letters go out for these telling you when the bookings are open).
- When the students start school they will have their fingerprint taken to enable them to purchase items from the school canteen. Money is put on to their account via ‘Wisepay’ (details will be sent separately), alternatively students can pay by cheque or cash. A set meal costs £2.40 per day, but the total amount you provide will be at your discretion. Many students like to top up their accounts weekly.
- A breakdown of what your child is buying can be viewed on Wisepay
- If you would like to put a cap on how much your child spends per day, please put this request in writing (Letter or email firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can send this to the canteen.
Free School Meals
- If your child receives free school meals at their current primary school, this will automatically carry on and your child’s account will be updated each day with £2.40.
- If you are in receipt of free school meals you are also entitled to help with uniform cost. In Year 7 and Year 9 you will be sent a voucher code for £50 which you can use to purchase uniform online at kitzuk.co.ukYour code and ordering information will be sent out to you at the beginning of July.
- If you believe you should be in receipt of free school meals, please contact Dorset Council on 01305 221090 or online at https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/education-and-training/schools-and-learning/at-school/free-school-meals.aspxwhere you can find out if you are eligible, how to apply or how to cancel.
- All uniform can be ordered online from Kitz UK kitzuk.co.uk
- Please see their website or the school website for all uniform requirements and guidelines https://www.colfox.org/information/our-uniform/
- Your child will be allocated a locker and given a key on their first day. Please can you ensure keys are put on to an identifiable keyring so in the event the key is lost, students are able to see it is theirs. Keyring ‘fobs’ are available to buy from the library for 20p. Alternatively, lanyards in house colours can also be bought – these cost £1.80
- If your child loses their locker key, replacements can be ordered from student reception for £3
- All lost property is handed in to main reception. If it is named we will automatically send items straight back to the student. Therefore please ensure all items of clothing/PE kit etc are named. If your child has lost something please ask them to check at Reception
- Depending on where you live, you may be able to get a free bus pass to and from school. There is also a bus that goes from town to the school. If you have any questions about transport or would like to apply for a bus pass please phone the Transport Team at Dorset Council on 01305 224537, look online https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/education-and-training/school-transport/school-transport.aspxor email email@example.com
Queries or Concerns
- Once school has started please direct any queries or concerns you have about your child to your child’s tutor in the first instance. If it is something you feel needs to be escalated, please speak to your child’s head of year.
- Mr Bartlett – Head of Year 7 and 8 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Chudley – Head of Year 9 and 10 email@example.com
- Mr Farrow – Head of Year 11 firstname.lastname@example.org
- For My Child at School, Wisepay or any other general queries please feel free to phone or email the office on 01308 422291 or email@example.com
- Any finance queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your child is going to be absent from school, please ring the absence line on 01308 422291 option 1 before 8.30am explaining the reason why.
- If your child has a medical appointment, please advise the school via a note to your child’s teacher, or by sending an email to the school office.
- For admissions queries please contact Dorset Council. The following link provides all of their contact details. https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/contact/contact-school-admissions-team.aspx
- Link to Admissions page