- To provide students with excellent facilities and teaching for their post 16 education.
- To enable students to be aware of their progress in relation to national standards and to feel motivated by their study programme. Students will be pushed to meet or exceed the high targets that are set for them.
- To foster supportive, challenging and meaningful relationships with staff and encourage links with the wider community.
- To offer extra-curricular activities such as sporting and social events, work experience, community projects and trips and visits, both within the UK and abroad.
- To provide high quality progression guidance by tutors and careers staff, enabling students to secure places in Higher and Further Education or employment.
- To broaden social, intellectual, emotional, moral and political understanding through a well-designed, engaging enrichment programme.
- To encourage students to be receptive and respectful to the views and beliefs of others.
Thank you for your interest in the Joint Sixth Form. Our full prospectus is available to download from the website and you will find details concerning courses, entry requirements, access to bursaries and how to apply. If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com
I am happy to meet with prospective students and parents and discuss a possible place in the Sixth Form. The best way to find out about our offer is to come to the school for a discussion and a look around the facilities and classes. We encourage our Year 11 students to talk with current Sixth Formers about their experience. This may be during our Sixth Form Open Evening, during tutorial time, by arranging a personal interview, or even through attending A Level taster lessons. We will always interview and guide applicants to ensure that the right study programme is available to all learners.
The Sixth Form is combined with Beaminster School and our partnership gives us the opportunity to offer a wide range of courses and for students from both schools to work with new staff and make new friends. We are very proud of our consistent record of academic success in the Sixth Form which has been described by OFSTED as ‘a lively and energetic community where students can achieve excellent academic qualifications’.
The majority of students in the Sixth Form are on study programmes that are aimed towards gaining a place at a university of choice. We pride ourselves on the high levels of individual support that our dedicated Sixth Form pastoral team provides in helping students find the right courses, and working with students to make high quality applications. The Sixth Form team support all students carefully, so that their full potential is realised.
Beyond achieving excellent academic results we also strive to make sure that all students have opportunities to develop into rounded individuals and gain other important skills and experience. This may happen by taking part in one of many trips abroad (e.g. New York, India and Ecuador), supporting younger students in the school as mentors, enrolling in the Duke of Edinburgh Awards scheme, taking part in a work experience programme, supporting local primary schools or being a member of one of our dedicated Sixth Form student leadership teams.
Our aim is that all our students will be able to further enrich themselves beyond the classroom.
I look forward to hearing from you with any queries that you might have.
Head of Sixth Form